Chelsea and I really enjoy books that help us learn about more things around us. Chelsea and I feel that the National Geographic Collection of books are definitely a great gift option this year. Books make the best gifts — a thoughtfully selected book will hold a child’s interest long after the new toys have been tossed aside. National Geographic Kids Books is featuring FIVE new titles that are perfect for gift giving. From the big “WOW” books for middle graders, to a wonderfully touching picture book for young readers as well as new and expecting moms, to affordable stocking stuffers, these bright, beautiful titles cater to bookworms and reluctant readers alike. They are fun, visually stunning, totally engrossing AND educational (but don’t tell kids that last part!).
Here’s a brief rundown of each title and book covers below:
* Weird But True! Christmas: 300 Festive Facts to Light Up the Holidays — (ages 8-12, 208 pages) The PERFECT stocking stuffer! Ready for some totally festive facts? Even Christmas can be weird — it’s true! Did you know that Santa’s reindeer are probably all female? Or that artificial snow can be made from seaweed? Or that “Jingle Bells” was the first Christmas carol sung in space? Every kid will ho ho ho when they unwrap this book that is chocked full of the most random and fascinating facts about their most favorite holiday.
* Ultimate Dinopedia – (ages 7-10, 296 pages) Attention dinosaur fanatics! This is a big, gift-worthy hardcover that is also the most complete and comprehensive dinosaur reference ever. Although these amazing creatures roamed the Earth ages ago, new dinosaur discoveries are still being made today. The new edition includes favorites, like the fierce T-rex and the gentle Brontosaurus, plus audacious new finds, like the Anzu, Kosmoceratops, and Yi. Every dino profile is colorfully illustrated and features descriptions of when they roamed the Earth, how they lived, what they ate, and more. There are more than 600 dinos featured in all, including 10 profiles of recently discovered dinosaurs and new entries in the Dino Dictionary. Reports from paleontologists present the latest news and insights from the field.
* Bet You Didn’t Know: Fascinating, Far-Out, Fun-tastic Facts – (ages 8-12, 192 pages) “…the whole outing is really tailor-made for dipping and flipping at random….A bodacious wellspring of random knowledge.”— Starred review, Kirkus Reviews. BIG, packed with gorgeous photos and illustrations and guaranteed to keep kids occupied for hours and hours, Bet You Didn’t Know is the perfect holiday gift for the fact-lover or for your kid’s favorite teacher’s classroom. Did you know that the first stop signs were black and white? Or that a litter of kittens is called a kindle? Or that butterflies can see more colors than humans can? Based on a favorite department in Nat Geo Kids magazine, this book is overflowing with fascinating facts, silly stats, and catchy little knowledge nuggets in all kinds of cool categories, from astronomy and sea creatures to revolutions and breakfast. Special features include Extreme Weirdness, Strange Places, Wacky World, and more. Spreads from this book can be viewed here: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/hswm3ecpus672y6/AAAHh3cuIdJjQb9icpO8Phxma?dl=0.
* Just Joking Jumbo — (ages 7-10, 288 pages) What do you get when you have 1,000 giant jokes and 1,000 funny photos? A stocking stuffer that adds up to some seriously big laughs! If you have a budding stand up comedian on your list this year – this is the perfect book for them. Knock-knocks, puns, riddles, tongue-twisters, photos of silly situations and even the craziest info about the history of funny business – it’s all here!
* Hey, Baby! A Collection of Pictures, Poems and Stories from Nature’s Nursery – (all ages, 192 pages) Sweet dreams are made of this! Join National Geographic Kids on a trip around the globe to celebrate nature’s nursery.This collection of stunning photography of wee ones of the wild world will inspire, awe and awww. With dynamic profiles, clever poems, time-tested folktales, amazing rescue stories, and unlikely animal friendships, this book will be a favorite with sleepy little ones, new parents and moms-to-be. Featuring everything from wobbly baby bison to teeny turtles, mini-monkeys to fluffy foxes, this is the perfect keepsake book for the baby animal lover in us all.
Disclosure: I got this product in exchange for my honest opinion. I would never recommend a product that I have not tried myself nor used, every product on my blog has my full support and backing unless otherwise stated or noted. All opinions displayed here are my own. If you would like a review done contact Nicholle @ nscalacorona(a)gmail(dot)com