My husband and I are constantly trying to find ways to get rid of the static cling and sometimes those pesky dryer sheets just don’t cut it. I am glad to have the downy ball. You just fill it up with your softener, close it up and toss it in your washer machine. The downy ball pops open at the perfect time without any hassle or large messes.
Tips for getting rid of static cling
- A great tool to get rid of static cling is the Downy Wrinkle Releaser Plus spray. It has over 101 uses and one of them is eliminating static cling. Not only will you remove static charges from your clothes but they will be left with a fresh scent.
- Place a safety pin on the inner hem of clothing to dispel any static charge, instead of shocking you, the charge will go to the pin.
- Place a damp towel or cloth inside dryer and dry at lowest heat setting. The clothing will not become as dry and susceptible to static.
- Take clothes out of the dryer before they are completely dry, allowing them to air dry the rest of the way will better prevent static, due to the reduction of heat and friction between clothing.
- Instead of wearing rubber-soled shoes, wear leather-soled shoes to help prevent static because it is a non-conducting material.
- Use Aluminum foil balls in the dryer, the foil will pick up any charge from the clothing while in the dryer.
- Spray fine mist of distilled water on clothing after it comes out of the dryer, it will kill any static that is clinging to the clothing.
- Slip clothes with static charge through a metal hanger, just like the safety pin and aluminum foil, the metal hanger will pick up any charge that is in your clothing.
- If you have static cling on clothes you are already wearing, place a think layer of moisturizing lotion on your skin underneath your clothes. The moisture from the lotion will counteract the dryness of the clothing.
During the colder months the air is dry, which makes peoples skin dry. But there is more irritation than dry skin. Getting shocked or walking around with your clothes sticking to your body is embarrassing. To help battle these annoyances, the creators of the Downy Ball have created a list of static reducing tips, like tossing an aluminum foil ball into the dryer to help further reduce static charge.
About Downy Ball
No more waiting for the rinse cycle. No more cleaning out the dispenser. With the Downy Ball, fabric softener is automatically released during the rinse cycle. To enjoy the convenience of Downy Ball just pour the Downy fabric softener of choice up to the right fill line in the Downy bottle cap, pour into the ball, seal it, and drop it in at the start of the wash on top of fabrics. Downy Ball will release the softener on its own, making laundry less complicated.
Disclosure: I got this product free of charge in exchange for my honest opinion. I would never recommend a product that I have not tried myself nor used, every product on my blog has my full support and backing unless otherwise stated or noted. All opinions displayed here are my own. If you would like a review done contact Nicholle @ nscalacorona(a)gmail(dot)com