Splendid Side Dishes – Aunt Stella Potato Casserole
This recipe has been in my family since long before I was even born. Its so yummy that I actually make it every chance that I get.
- 2 (10.5 oz.) condensed cream of mushroom soup
- 1 16oz container of sour cream
- 3 1/2 cups Shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/3 cup frozen onions
- 2 package (30 oz.) Ore-Ida® Shredded Hash Brown Potatoes
- 2 cups Crushed Lays Potato Chips
- 1/4 cup Butter, melted
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Coat 13×9 baking dish with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, whisk together soup, sour cream, salt and pepper. Stir in cheese, onions and hash browns until well mixed. Spoon evenly into baking dish.
- In a medium bowl, mix together potato chips and butter. Sprinkle evenly on top of hash brown mixture.
- Bake uncovered for 45 to 50 minutes, or until hot and bubbly. Allow to rest for 5 minutes before serving. Season with additional salt and pepper to taste if desired.
That does sound like a hit!
This what a big hit at Thanksgiving! Thanks for sharing.